Contact Us

Bishop Lloyd & Jackson Solicitors Limited


Can I work in the UK after completing my studies?

2 min read

Under the UK’s Graduate visa route, you’ll be able to stay in the UK to work or look for work A Graduate visa lasts for 2 years. If you have a PHD or other doctoral qualifications, it will last for 3 years.

If you’re not eligible for a Graduate visa, you may be eligible for another type of visa to stay in the UK.

If you want to stay longer in the UK,you cannot extend your Graduate visa. However, you may be able to switch to a different visa, for example a Skilled Worker visa or another type of visa to stay in the UK. This will depend on your circumstances at the time.

When to apply?

You can apply after your education provider (such as your university or college) has told the Home Office that you have successfully completed the course you took with your student or Tier 4 (General) student visa. You do not have to wait until you have graduated or have been given a certificate. As part of your application, you will need to prove your identity and provide your documents.

Your application may take longer if you need an appointment to do this. You will find out if you need one when you start your application.

Getting a decision

Once you have applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you will usually get a decision on your visa within 8 weeks.

You can stay in the UK while you wait for a decision.

Please contact us on Tel: 020 3096 5984 or email [email protected] for further guidance on how to make a successful application.


Related News


New UK Immigration Measures For 2024

The government has recently introduced a comprehensive set of immigration measures, that will directly affect social care workers, skilled professionals, and their families. The goal is to achieve the most...

Read full story